Last week I tried a new recipe that I found somewhere on Facebook. It was chock full of all kinds of veggies that I love, plus a little pasta to really make this meal a complete protein. And the best part is that it took about 30 minutes total, which is great for a busy school night. This would be a great recipe to try on the next Meatless Monday! Enjoy!
One-Pot Powerhouse Chickpeas!
1 onion, cut in large pieces
6 large button mushrooms, quartered
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. hot curry powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 cups water
2 can chick peas, drained
1 sweet potato, cut into small pieces (keep skin on for added fiber)
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1 cup brown rice pasta shells or any other pasta you like (the rice pasta makes it gluten-free)
2-3 cups of chopped kale (or spinach or any other leafy greens you have around)
In a large soup pot, add olive oil, onion, mushrooms, spices and sea salt and saute 4 - 5 minutes. Add the water, bring to a boil and simmer. Add chickpeas, sweet potatoes, tomatoes and pasta. Simmer and cover until potatoes are done (about 10 - 12 minutes). Stir in kale and simmer a few more minutes.
DONE!
I served it with a simple green salad on the side. It was hearty, delicious and very nutritious. Plus it's packed with fiber so you won't be hungry an hour later.
Let me know how you like it, I promise you will!
Peace and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment