Summer Tip #563: Never eat a 5 pound burrito while in your bathing suit sitting poolside.
I made this mistake earlier today. Okay, it wasn't quite 5 pounds but it was huge! I mean really huge. And I ate the whole thing. I was so hungry from working, taking a yoga class and not eating anything all day, that I literally ate every bite of said burrito. It sure tasted good going down but I felt like a huge lard-ass after I had eaten it. Buyers remorse.
To make matters worse, Mr. X had snuck in some beers that he had bought while out picking up the burritos. You know that stupid Toby Keith song, "Red Solo Cup"?? Enough said. We are a class act, Mr. X and I. Truth be told, I didn't even finish mine, it just felt wrong.
Now, let me just say, that we do not belong to a fancy pool. It's not like we were scarfing down burritos at the country club. That said, it's also not like we were hanging at a public pool in the Bronx (not that there's anything wrong with the Bronx. Don't go getting your knickers in a bunch!). Though I bet if we were in the Bronx, I wouldn't have felt so strange about eating a giant burrito!
I don't know what it is about summer. Most people eat really healthy in the summer because, in theory, you wear less clothes in the summer. Me, I eat more in the summer, who the heck knows why. In any event, the burrito is gone and my stomach feels like a swallowed a bowling ball.
Hope everyone is having a great summer so far. Please feel free to post any of your summertime tips in the comment section below!
Oh...here's one more. Tip # 564: Don't forget to remove your child's half eaten burrito from pool bag when you get home. I better go do that...
Peace and love.
You have been eating that burrito for over a month now! :-)
ReplyDelete