Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Well it's about time!

OK, ok, so I've been a little out of it lately.  A lot out of it actually.  I just looked at the last time I wrote and it was back in September!!  What can I say?  I've been uninspired.  Writers block.  Good thing I'm not trying to make a living at this, I would have lost the house and starved to death by now.

And speaking of starving...

As many of you know, or at least those of you who I see and speak with regularly, I am in a constant battle with 10lbs.  Ten measly pounds.  OK, maybe 12.  Anyway, for a long as I can remember I've been dieting and working out (then not dieting and not working out) all in an effort to rid my middle of 10 pounds.

Let's think about this for a minute.  I'll list all the things that I can think of that are 10 pounds.  Here we go:

1.  my dog
2.  Primo at birth (not quite 9.2lbs.)
3.  my makeup bag
4.  my basket full of dirty laundry
5.  the boys container of miscellaneous Legos
6.  my entire collection of yoga mats
7.  my pile of half-read books

I'm sure there's plenty more but that's what I could quickly come up with.  10 pounds.  The bane of my existence.

So beginning Monday, me and two dozen other brave, competitive (or maybe crazy) people are forming teams to being the Game On Diet.  The basic gist of it is you compete with other teams to earn points based on exercising, eating, drinking (water, not the fun kind), sleeping (yes, sleeping!) and forming heathy habits.  The team that wins gets bragging rights.  Oh and a $25 iTunes gift card. The losing team...well, they're just losers.

I know a few people who have done this and have said that it's really fun and have lost a few pounds too!  So I'm going to give it a try.

Here's the thing about me, I'm really competitive.  So I figure I should be really good at this. Though I am a bit worried about how much water you have to drink each day (3 liters!!!  That's like 90ozs!!). I'm pretty sure I'll have to cancel all appointments over the next few weeks because I'll be in the bathroom peeing.

I will track my progress and report back weekly to give you the highs and lows of this game.

But until Monday, I think I'll just slug around, eating chips and drinking wine.

Peace and love.



1 comment: