OK. So you guys know how much I love veggie chili. Well, my mom gave me this amazing chili recipe that has a top secret ingredient in it. You may scratch your head and say, "Hmmm, really?? I don't know about this." I did when I first made it, but believe me, it makes it amazing!!
Here goes:
Vegan Mamarama's Mama's Top Secret Veggie Chili
1 green, yellow or red pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 celery rib, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 can black beans
1 can red beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 cup tomato sauce (I used vegetable broth instead)
1/4 cup chili powder
1 Tbsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
TOP SECRET INGREDIENT: 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Special Dark!!) Shhhhh!!
Salt/pepper to taste
1 cup Boca crumbles or 1/2 cup TVP
In a heavy saucepan, saute all the veggies until tender in olive oil. Then add your tomatoes, sauce and/or broth, spices and beans. Simmer for about an hour or until all the veggies are cooked. Add Boca crumbles or TVP and cook another 45 minutes or so. If the chili is too thick, just add some more veggie broth.
This meal is full of vitamins and protein and is great on a cold winter day. I like to serve it with some rice. Try it out and let me know what you think of the secret ingredient!!
YUM!
Peace and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment