As I type, I am sipping my last juice of the 3 day cleanse. This time it's a beet, carrot, celery and cuke combo and it's quite delicious! (There's actually one more, but I simply cannot stomach the kale, avocado, garlic, kelp and hemp oil mixture. It's too much to bear. I'll give it to Mr. X.)
This time around was much better than the maiden voyage. I think just the fact that I didn't have to make the juices was psychologically a relief. There was nothing worse than being so hungry and having to wash, cut and make the juices myself, followed cleaning that darn juicer. Not to mention, I'm sure the juices I got from juice bar were more balanced with the vitamins and minerals that I needed at different times throughout the day. There were also some smoothies in the mix which provided a heartier, more filling drink around dinner time.
The first day was the most difficult. Around dinner time, I started sweating and shaking and thought I might pass out. I kept saying to the boys, "Mommy just needs to lie down for a little while. Please don't do anything that will cause me to freak out on you." They complied, thank goodness.
I took a yoga class on day two and felt great. I had energy to hold steady my most favorite balance pose, ardha chandrasana, with a little left over for an end of class urdhva dhanurasana. So all in all a very good day.
So as I was packing my bathing suits today I was feeling better about having to put one on next week. The past three days have definitely been worth the brief sacrifice and occasional grumpiness. Though I'm pretty sure my kids will tell you they're looking forward to me eating something tomorrow. Ahhh, the things we (I) do for the sake of beauty or whatever you want to call it.
Enjoy your week. I'll think of you fondly as I lay in the sun with my toes in the sand. Actually, I probably won't. Talk soon.
Peace and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment