Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Super Yum!

So I just have to share with you what I made for dinner last night.  It was so yummy and delicious that Mr. X, my carnivore hubby, went back for thirds!!  I really encourage everyone to try it, it's a perfect Meat Free Monday night dinner, the kiddies will probably like it too!  And it was super quick and easy to make!  Segundo couldn't stop eating the tofu.  I was snubbed by Primo, however. Anyway, here it is:

Stir-Fry Udon Noodles with Bok Choy

1 8 oz. pkg. udon noodles, rinsed and drained
2 Tbs. olive oil
3 cloves, garlic
1 tsp. minced, fresh ginger (I use the kind in the jar already minced for simplicity)
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (or more if you like it really spicy!)
1/2 cup matchstick carrots
5 or 6 button mushrooms, chopped
1 medium head of bok choy, chopped
8 oz. tofu (I use the cubed, again for simplicity)

Marinate the tofu for several hours.  To make the marinade, I used about 3 Tbs. tamari, or low-sodium soy sauce or shoyu, whatever you have in your pantry. 1 Tbs. minced ginger, a tsp. of dark sesame oil, a bit of agave nectar and some red curry paste.  Whisk it all together and pour over tofu.  Seal in a tight container and turn every once in a while for several hours.

1.  Cook udon noodles as directed, drain.

2.  Heat oil, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes in a pan. Add carrots, cook for a bit, then add the bok choy and mushrooms.  Cook until the bok choy is tender. Add tofu and remaining marinade and heat through.  Add udon noodles and toss until all the flavors blend.  I added a bit more shoyu and a squeeze of lemon.  Serves about 4 or 1 really hungry husband.

AMAZING!!  I just wish I had taken a picture of it.  I'll remember next time, I'm still new at this blogging thing.

Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment