Well, I am back in business! We weathered the storm (ha ha), lived through having no power and even survived five whole days without the TV or Internet. I actually didn't mind the no power thing, but not having the Internet just about killed me. I mean how's a person to survive without checking Facebook!?! And seeing as I'm the only person in the world that doesn't have an iPhone, I was really unconnected. Of course I feel pretty lucky because I have friends that still have no power, so no complaining here.
Which brings me to a funny story...
Last Wednesday, my friend D came over with her kids for a hot shower and a home cooked meal. She is one of the unfortunate people to still be without power. D is also vegan so it makes cooking for her very easy. We decided to try a new recipe for a Soba Salad with Miso Vinaigrette. It had chewy soba noodles, carrots, ginger, radicchio, some nori seaweed and other yummy things. It was a really pretty dish as well. Very colorful, a nice light summer dinner.
We were sitting on the deck with our second glass of wine when D looked over at my dog, Coco, who was sitting pretty on the chaise lounge, and says, "That dog looks like Carol Channing!" I look at Coco and we both start laughing because, in fact, she does!
Here is Coco:
Here is Carol Channing:
It was one of those moments when you realize how important it is to have good friends in your life. Ones that can make you laugh no matter the situation. We may have been without power, water, TV and Internet, but the power of friends and laughter is one that needs no plug.
So as we were finishing our glass of wine we looked over and saw Carol Channing licking the bowl.
Peace and love.

No comments:
Post a Comment