Thursday, August 25, 2011

We Did It!

Phew!  Glad that's over!  Yesterday was Day 5 and the last day of our Great Juice Experiment!  We survived 120 hours with nothing but delicious juices, water and herbal teas (with the exception of that minor mishap on Day 4...).  I am actually really proud of us.  I really think it was great that Mr. X. did it with me, it kept me motivated and I felt a sense of connectedness with him.  He really is a trooper.  I wonder what he's eaten at work so far today??

I'm not sure this whole experience gave me the clarity I really thought I'd get, but it did teach me that when I put my mind to something, I really can accomplish it.  And if nothing else, that is a good lesson for us all. We get so caught up in our day-to-day lives that we forget to embrace the most simple thing, nourishing our bodies, with good, fresh, wholesome foods.  This experience has taught me to slow down and enjoy each mouthful.  To take a moment and breathe in between each bite. And to honor this gift of food.

Come to think of it, maybe I did get some clarity after all.

I'm going to spend this rainy afternoon flipping through a few vegan cookbooks I checked out of the library and decide what to make for dinner.  One thing's for sure, I am so glad I will be eating my dinner off a plate tonight instead of sipping it through a straw.

Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment