8:00am
Woke up this morning refreshed and ready to begin what I will now call The Great Juice Experiment. Not feeling hungry yet from the night before, I jumped right in with a morning blast of vitamin C. I ran a grapefruit, orange, a couple of carrots and a nub of ginger through the juicer and it was amazing! I then jotted off to get my roots done (I'm a vegan, not a hippy for God's sake!). As I lay back getting my hair rinsed, watching the television on the ceiling playing the Food Network, I started realizing that I was getting pretty hungry and that enchilada she was making looked damn good! Breathe through the rumbling, deep yoga breathing, it's your body beginning to detoxify itself I kept saying in my mind.
11:15am
Two hours and a rumbling stomach later, I returned home, raced to the kitchen to prepare another juice. This time it was a combination of spinach, kale, celery, apple, carrot and lemon. It did fill me up for a while before I was hit with the most incredible headache I've had in a long time. It was like someone was smashing a hammer into my forehead. Remembering that I had read something about headaches being a side effect of the cleanse, I tried once again to breathe through it. Focusing my mind on calming thoughts. For the record, this calming thoughts thing may be a load of crap.
2:30pm
Headed off to a local juice bar for another round. The thought of cleaning that damn juicer again was making my head spin. Instead, I dropped $9.50 on a shot of wheatgrass and a kale, cucumber, celery and apple juice. This juicing thing is expensive by the way.
4:30pm
After a failed attempt at a nap, I realized that my headache was gone and it was time for a juice. I tried to make my own V8 with tomato, spinach, cucumber, carrot, red pepper and celery. I did throw some Tabasco in it for some spice (don't know if that's allowed) and down the hatch it went. Pretty good actually. I thought by this point I'd be in a pretty bad mood but surprisingly I've only yelled at Primo and Segundo once or twice today. :-)
7:00pm
I am officially starving. Even the chicken my kids are eating smells good, and I HATE chicken. Even when I ate meat, I hated chicken, the dirty bird. And now it smells good. I don't know how people do this.
7:30pm
Final juice of the night, orange/grapefruit. I think I needed some sugar because I'm feeling a little better.
Gonna chill on the couch and veg out. Did I really just say veg??? Until tomorrow...
Peace and love.
yelling at Primo and Segundo once or twice? veg out? keep the puns a'coming – i love it!
ReplyDelete