I was midway through my run this morning when I remembered that I forgot to pass on this amazing mushroom soup recipe that I made this weekend. (I love when I remember that I forgot something! Is there a word for that?? Anagram?? No. Oxymoron? No. Oh well, whatever...)
Anyway, this recipe was super easy and so flavorful. Mr. X loved it. Primo and Segundo said, "Ewwww, mushrooms are disgusting!" I happen to be a big fan of the fungi so here goes, without further ado:
Wild Mushroom and Rice Soup
1 onion, finely chopped
1 white part of leek, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
1 celery rib (I hate that term, it grosses me out), chopped
1 lb. fresh cremini mushrooms, sliced (I buy the ones already sliced, it's the lazy way!)
1 oz. dried porcini mushrooms
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1 can chopped tomatoes
6 cups vegetable stock
1/2 c. wild rice
1/4 c. red wine (plus 1 glass for yourself!!)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2-3 tsp. olive oil
Basically add olive oil to a heavy stock pot and saute all the veggies until they soften. Add garlic last so it doesn't burn. Throw in the spices and the canned tomatoes for a minute or two. Add the stock, wine, rice and dried mushrooms and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about an hour, until the rice is soft.
Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
It was so good, I was eating it cold the next day. Gross right?? It was really good. I always eat cold leftovers: stir-fry, spaghetti, pad thai, who cares!?! I'm even eating some cold, leftover sauteed kale as I type. Yum!
Peace and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment