8:00am
Felt great when I woke up this morning. Not hungry at all, which was strange because my stomach was rumbling at 3:00am. I did sleep pretty well though. Drank a big glass of orange, grapefruit, carrot and ginger juice and headed of to a 9:30 yoga class. Yoga was just what I needed, I felt focused and strong and happy.
After yoga drove to Sunshine's house to bid her a farewell (sniff, sniff). Then drove home, crying the whole way.
12:00pm
Got home to Mr. X making an amazing green juice with collards, kale, cucumber, celery, carrot, red pepper and lemon! That was a nice surprise! It was delicious and filling and just what I needed. The kids were dressed, they had already been to the farmers' market and everyone was happily playing. Gotta love Mr. X!
3:00pm
The afternoon food cravings have officially set in and I swear I could eat every corn chip and pretzel in the basket on top of the fridge. I am STARVING here people. And officially angry. Not at anyone, more at myself for thinking this would be a good idea. Deep breathing, deep breathing. Things get so bad that I actually SNIFF the empty Frito bag that Primo left laying on the couch. I have really sunk to a whole new low. Who does that???
3:30pm
Watermelon, blueberry and lime juice! Very tasty. But veggie Pad Thai would be even tastier!
4:30pm
I decided it would be a great idea to get out of the house and go to the mall. Wrong! It was just a plethora of sights and smells that only put me in a much worse mood. As I'm sitting in the food court watching Primo gnaw his way through a Subway sandwich and Segundo smear his face with pizza sauce, I thought I might pass out. I hadn't had enough juice today and now I was paying for it.
6:45pm
Got home, ran to the juicer and threw everything but the kitchen sink in it. I really thought I might cave at that moment and grab that bag of pretzels and hummus. But instead I choked down yet another green juice. I'll put it out there right now, I don't know if I can go through another day of this. The Great Juice Experiment may be over as soon as tomorrow. We'll see how I feel in the morning.
I have nothing witty to say. I'm just too damn hungry.
Peace and love.
How long do you plan on doing this for??
ReplyDeleteKeep going mama!! I know you have it in you!
ReplyDelete